DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have big sores over my arms head and neck,there seems to

I have big sores over my arms head and neck,there seems to be visible tracks between the sores,I can feel movement in my head and scalp and it feels like something crawling under the skin.I have been to see my GP and dermatologist and have had no answers,blood test revealed 16% infection,but of what?This is driving me crazy,I previously had clear olive skin,HELP!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYOu need to have the sore biopsied for the lab.This is very easy to do, a small piece of the skin is sent for analysis.This will show if this isinfectionautoimmune diseaserare skin conditionother. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please find attached the latest activity in a photo I have many more if it helos
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Looks exactly like staph infection.Could be MRSA.However, you still need lab confirmation.The cream for this is called mupiricin. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this infection for four years now, my nipples have discharge and I generally feel unwell what is mrsa? Can it be cured? Can it kill?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It can be curedThat is why a lab is needed, to see which antibiotics it is sensitive too.Required.It does not kill generally, it is just like any other staph infection.It can be chronic if not treated correctly.Please click a positive at this point.Come back if needed after that.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.