DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Doctor I have a pressure around my head every time I drink

Hi Doctor I have a pressure around my head every time I drink water or any other fluids I have however the more I drink the more the pressure builds upon my head. The symptoms I experience is poor memory, losing interest in the activities that I like to do in my spare time and also losing motivation. Also when I drink fluids I sense that its going in the wrong direction through my left lung all the down to my left leg which feels numb after about 5 minutes.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,The symptoms you have described is more likely related to early stage depressive illness or anxiety. If you are suffering from any kind of stress in your life you are prone to get such symptoms during depressive phase. I would suggest you to consult your doctor so that any organic cause can be ruled out and to get antidepressant medications if needed to treat it timely.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou have not stated your medical history.Please state that here if you like. Also, more detai...when did this start, etc.You need to talk with your primary care doctor firstSomething that needs to be ruled out here is an atypical seizure problem.Some seizures have triggers, and they can produce very odd symptoms.I full exam by your doctor is needed to determine what specialist you see.Additional work up should includeB12 levelsThyroid studes.Possibly brain imaging if indicated by exam, but definitely EEG, most likely a sleep deprived EEG.I am a double board certified clinical doctor.Find me anytime in medical."For Dr. Thomas only." OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.