Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Good Morning. I have recently had some blood tests done

Customer Question

Good Morning.
I have recently had some blood tests done as I have been feeling a bit under the weather. The test show that I have a THS 4.71 and T4 14. Having given this some thought I find that I can tick almost every single symptom of Hypothyroidism but my GP has told me that I do not have an under active Thyroid.I would value your opinion.
Evelyn
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Was this a total T4 or a free T4?What was the units of the T4?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I cant give you those. i have given you what he had written down for me.
Unfortunately, to be able to provide any interpretation of the T4 would require this knowledge, as it could be high, low, or normal. A total T4 of 14 mcg/dl would be a high level, while a total T4 of 14 nmol/L would be low, and a free T4 of 14 pmol/L would be normal. The TSH is only measured in one set of units, but a full interpretation would require the additional information about the T4. Can you obtain a copy of the lab report?