Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Morning Around 12 days ago a flake like peice of dry skin

Morning
Around 12 days ago a flake like peice of dry skin came off the lower end on my right hand side of my foreskin shaft.
The mark where the flake had came off there was a red sore, this was not obviluly painful and did not bleed and was no sign of puss.
After around 3-5 days there was no blister and the skin seems to have healed over leaving some whiter skin now.
I just wanted to make sure this was ok and doesnt look like a serious problem?
Mike
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. From your description, it does not sound like anything serious. It sounds most like a sore that may have developed from friction or rubbing. However, to say that it does not look like a serious problem would require review of a picture. Do you have a picture of the sore to attach?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much DrI have attached some pictures.
Thank you for the pictures. These pictures do not look like anything serious. the pictures have the appearance of healing tissue, but not from anything serious. This is most likely a minor sore from friction or rubbing, and it appear to be healing well. The is no need for further intervention beyond regular cleaning to promote healing. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youAs i wasn't sure if it was linked as for the last 3 or 4 weeks i have had a butterfly rash on my face that goes from weak to strong red, while i have also a bit of thrush like discharge in my foreskin every so often and also oral like thrush on my tongue a small white coat on my tongue which i brush off but even when i use mouth wash very shortly my breath smells bad again.Should i just use some fungeal medication?
Yes, it would be appropriate to use an antifungal medicine, although the better oral antifungal medicines are only available by prescription.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you DrI have a home STI test kit on its way but you wouldnt find anything particular strange or unsual too much with these symptoms from what you have seen or read?
No, there is nothing in this description or appearance on the pictures that would be worrisome for an STI. It is reasonable that any person that is sexually active be tested periodically for STIs, but there is no reason based on this appearance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you DrWhen i noticed oral thrush, gential thrush as well as the mark on my penis i got very concered.Thank you for your help
You are most welcome. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.