Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a hard white-coloured lump/spot on my skin, close to

I have a hard white-coloured lump/spot on my skin, close to my temple. It has a hard flat surface and sides. What is it called and how can I remove it? I have another close to my anus on the edge of the peranium.
Stephen
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Please attach a photo here so that i can advise you better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first image is of the anus area, the second is on the temple.
You will note that the one in the head has a darker appearance.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.The one on the temple looks like a sebaceous cyst. You will have to see a Plastic Surgeon or a Gerneal Surgeon to have it removed. It is done under local anesthesia as a day care procedure.The on the anus seems like a small external hemorrhoids - thrombosed. This is nothing to worry about but can be taken care of again by surgical excision of the lump under local anesthesia and office procedure.Please visit your GP for the appropriate referral.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer.
Regarding the anus area, I was aware of the small external hemarroid, but I was specifically referring to the small, white-coloured, hard, ball-like or bead-like lump which, to some extent, can be rolled between ones finger and thumb. I have attached another image of it which may be a little clearer.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,This looks more like a sentinel tag, a skin tag that is hard and is formed when there is recurrent anal fissure or chronic anal fissure. But the exact diagnosis will be obtained once the lesion has been examined clinically by your physician.Please leave a positive rating for the service.Best.