Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a small red patch on my forehead, about 6mm wide. It

Customer Question

I have a small red patch on my forehead, about 6mm wide. It is not itchy, scaly or weeping. It isn't raised. It goes white when pressed. I have used mild hydrocortisone cream on it, and it faded for a few days, but today it redder again. I am 56 years old, white, female, and have a reasonably fair skin, but few moles. What could this be? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Since it is not itchy it is not likely eczema or allergy related.THis is likely due to the dilated blood capillary under the skin there also known as angioma.This can be just erythema as well.Hydrocortisone may help with the redness but may come back.Should not spread and should not cause any problem in future.Can you upload a pic here?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/