DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Is there a haematologist with a thorough understanding of Pernicious

Is there a haematologist with a thorough understanding of Pernicious Anaemia
and the treatment of severe B12 deprivation?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am a double board certified doctor.What is your question about pernicious anemia and B12?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Simply use the reply button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE AN ATROPHIED STOMACH AND SO VERY LIMITED AVAILABLY OF THE INTRINSIC FACTOR. FOOD AND PILLS ARE OF NO VALUE IN GETTING ADEQUATE OBTAIN B12. I AM IN QUITE SEVERE B12 DEPRIVATION - FOR TWO YEARS RECEIVING JUST THREE-MONTHLY INJECTIONS COMPARED WITH MONTHLY FOR PREVIOUS FOURTEEN YEARS. WHAT B12 DOSE NEED I TAKE TO GET BACK INTO BALANCE?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hi100 micrograms cobalamine daily for the first week [sub q injections]Lab test to see if it is workingThen, if so, twice a week for 4 to 5 weeks.then monthly.I am assuming that you show anemia now, in this estimation. These are all sub q injectionsI would be working with a board certified internal medicine doctor, a hematologist, or GI doctor who treats this condition. Or a very experienced GP. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Save time, find me by request in medical for future quesitonsI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.