Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I ams Sorry English is nto my first language so i will

I ams Sorry English is nto my first language so i will try to describemy issue as good as possible. Hopefully you will be able to understand.
My problem started about two weeks ago.
I noticed my right lower leg feeling different. It felt sensitive to touch, but not painful. Almost like when you get this sensation when touching your hair hurts. It almost felt like that leg was 'tired'. Next day it became little bit painful. I could feel very subtle pain that was coming to the front of the leg. Almost like it was a bone that was hurting. I was getting concerned it may be blood clot so I went to see doctor.
He examined me and said he thinks it is most likely stretched muscle since I didn't have any pain in my calf or swelling and I was not risk because I didn't travel anywhere etc.
Two days after this pain was gone and my leg felt back to normal. However, few days later I woke up and I had pian in both my lower legs. It felt like a sort of muscle fever you get after excercise, but I was not very active the day before. My girlfriend came with theory that I probably had muscle cramps at night without knowing it. It was painful all day. pain in left leg was gone by the evening but I still could feel the right leg the next day. This was again gone within next 24 hours.
I was ok for few days and today I agan can feel my lower right leg. it feels liek my calf muscle is very tight, but it is nto really apinful. It is more just liek I cna feel it, I am aware of it while on the left leg I need to concentrate to feel that muscle. Hopefully this makes sense.
Also I notice in last two days I have pins and needles in my right foot after walking my dog. I sually do about 40 to 60 minute walk.
Do you think it is a stretched mucle or similar problem or is it possible it may be blood clot? If it was blood clot would it get better at some stage and then again became more agravated?
I tried to book and appointment with my GP, but they are busy and I am traveling on Sunday so I want to make sure I am ok.
thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Well after reading whole story it seems like it is more likely neuromuscular pain having neurological cause more than the muscular spasm. Sometimes nerves which supply your legs get pressed where they exit from your spine in your back and all this lead to pain and pins and needle sensation in your legs. This is treatable condition. I would suggest you to visit your doctor whenever you get appointment to have a thorough examination and you might need steroid injection in your back by a pain physician which relieves pressure on your nerves and pain relief. You should get your blood sugar checked. Meanwhile you can take tylenol tablet for pain relief and apply ibuprofen gel over the area.Take multivitamin supplements specially vitamin B-12. Warm compresses would help. Clot in legs have different symptoms like swelling , redness etc.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.