Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My 68 year old wife who is in good health taking no mediation

Customer Question

My 68 year old wife who is in good health taking no mediation went to the Hairdressers this morning. On leaving she felt dizzy and disorientated and has been like this for the past 3 hours. She continues to think she did not pay the hairdresser,which she did, I have shown her the receipts six times but she still keeps asking. She has never had any issues like this before. What do you recommend I do?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. If someone has sudden onset of significant disorientation that has persisted for a few hours, it is better that the person be seen urgently. The dizziness adds another level of concern, but it would be appropriate to be checked regardless of whether there is associated dizziness. There are many different possible causes of dizziness and disorientation, and only some of these should be treated quickly, including certain infections or acute neurologic illness, such as a stroke, so it is appropriate that she be seen to determine the exact cause. If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance. If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/