DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My name is ***** ***** I'm from the uk and I'm 17 years old

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm from the uk and I'm 17 years old I have quite a tricky situation and I really need some answers on what to do because I'm stuck. I have suffered a unpredictable sharp burning pain after I wee ever since I was little majority of the time I'm fine but when it comes it's horrible it's very hard to explain but when I was younger I got it not very much but when I did it used to make me cry it was so bad but I didn't get it all the time until the age of 11 I started getting quite requently to the point where I would have to leave school it's was so bad I went to the doctors loads and in the end I got send to the urologist where I had tests done from swabs, a blood test and an ultra sound but everything was clear so they made it down to growing pains and just growing up as I hadn't had my period yet so everytime I got it after that I just thought it would go away as soon as I got my period. When I got my period I would still get it on the odd occasion but not very much so I didn't think anything of it because it would still be quite bad but wouldn't last very long then a few years went by where sometimes I would get it to times where I wouldn't get it at all then recently last year I became sexually active in April and got a boyfriend all was good until early July when I started getting it again but it was way worse then I have ever had it to the point where I had blood in my wee so I asked my doctor and he said it was a bladder infection so I thought everything made sense I must be prone to bladder infections and I took some antibiotics and it went. So all was good until a few weeks later and I got it again so I took the same antibiotics and it didn't work and I took a wee sample and it was clear so then I didn't get it again for a few days to when I got it again they gave me a stronger antibiotics and that didn't work either then I got it again so I got given a third antibiotics and once again it didn't work aswell as taking quite a few wee samples which were all coming back clear so it got to the point where we thought right there's something more here that we need to look into as it's not an infection. So then three months passed and I hadn't had it until recently I have started getting it again so I went back to the doctors to have some tests done so I had another swab done and it came back clear, my doctor has told me she doesn't know what it is and can't send me to anyone which is really upsetting because it's effecting my life loads as I may be very unpredictable and I may be fine majority of the time but when I do get it it's horrible and it's effecting going to work and college and just a lot of social things that I want to be able to do because I either have to go home, get in a bath for an hour until it goes or just sit for an hour until it calms down but at work you see you can't do that but I've got to the point now where I really have to sort it out and I really need a input on what I should do?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is probably a pelvic pain syndrome, which affects the urethra.It comes and goes.See a physiotherapist and have your doctor prescribe a course of physical therapy for pelvic adjustment.This might help. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.