Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been getting sick all night but it is the constant cramps

I have been getting sick all night but it is the constant cramps that are killing me. The pain as they wash over me is so sore. I don't know if this is anything more serious than a vomiting bug. Please can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I move to my side or on my back when lying down I get really bad pains on that side depending on which way I move.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,I would suggest you to go to A&E to have thorough examination and investigation as extreme cramping should be thoroughly investigated. Moreover you might need intravenous fluids to correct dehydration. So head to emergency for thorough examination to be on safe side.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what if it's just a vomiting bug or the norovirus that everyone seems to be getting. Will I not be wasting the doctors time?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Your cramps seems to be more severe intensity than just a vomiting bug and it is always better to be on safe side and get thorough examination. You might need antispasmodic intravenous for this. Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.