Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have had limited voice approximately 3 months and my

Customer Question

I have had limited voice for a approximately 3 months and my throat feels full of mucus
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you are having these issues.mucus in the throat is often from allergies and post nasal drip of mucus down the back of the throat.the best way to treat this is to use allergy medications like Allegra or Claritin or Zyrtec along with steroid nasal sprays like Nasocort or Rhinocort which are over the counter.these can decrease nasal allergy symptoms and decrease or stop post nasal drip.stopping acid reflux can help decrease stomach acid from coming up and inflaming your vocal cords as well.have you tried any over the counter allergy medications?are you willing to give it a try?