DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I slipped off a curb about a week ago. I saw my local a &

I slipped off a curb about a week ago. I saw my local a & e dept who said it is a pulled ligament on the top of my foot. I am still getting pain around my ankle area and also on the inside arch of my foot when I walk. It also throbs occasionally. Should I see my GP for a second opinion?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you feel the pain is worsening?If not then the symptoms will gradually improve in 2-3 weeks.You should stay off the feet as much as possible.Wear comfortable shoes like post op shoes for ligament resting.Ibuprofen should help with the pain.You can see your GP also to monitor the progress.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloSee an orthopedist, NOW.Damaged ligaments can cause chronic, long term problems.You must assess if you need an MRI, or physical therapy, or temporary immobilization. {this is the case if it is a ligament, or a tendon with "tendinosis"}Fully torn ligaments must be surgically repaired.Your GP can refer you to an orthopedist if needed [unless you are going private].Additional information: you need an x ray to rule out fracture. This is standard of care and should not be neglected.I am a double board certified clinical doctor with over 20 years of experience. Please click a positive.Find me, Dr. Thomas, as needed. I am in medical daily: use a long request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title for correct, save and comprehensive answers.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks much: I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.