Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

During sex with my wife of many years I have a strong erection

Customer Question

During sex with my wife of many years I have a strong erection but am having difficulty in reaching ejaculation
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Lack of ejaculation can be due to the prostate gland issue.Enlarged prostate gland can prevent the semen from coming out.Instead the semen can go to the bladder.Sometimes, there is no emission at all.So medication to relax the prostate gland may also help with the ejaculation.Alfuzosin ( Uroxatral) is favored as it does not interfere with the ejaculation.In cases of retrograde ejaculation, that is if the semen is going to the bladder, that improves with Sudafed tablets 1 hour before the sexual intercourse.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/