Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've a problem with my right arm. I'm experiencing kind

Hi. I've a problem with my right arm. I'm experiencing kind of sharp pains (like a bunch of small needles were put into my skin from the inside; very difficult to explain as I never felt anything like that. Pain is constant). It started to hurt in the half of my palm only (under small finger). Then it spread to my elbow still only in half of the hand. I don't take any medication nor am I under any treatment. I'm 25, white females. Hour after hour is getting worse and I have a feeling it's not getting any less of it. Also, this part of my arm are extremely sensitive to cold. Pain started with no reasonable reason - I didn't hit the hand. I am on a holiday thus nothing could have happened at work. Thank you for any advise and help in advance.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These symptoms are due to the inflammation of the ulnar nerve.Ulnar nerve supplies the affected portion of the forearm and hand.It can get injured from pressure against the hard surface on the elbow.Leaning on hard surface for example can cause this.The recovery is slow and occurs well with adequate nerve resting.You can take Ibuprofen 600 mg 3 times daily with food for pain control.You can rest the elbow with an elbow brace or simply by wrapping around a towel while resting on hard surface or sleeping.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/