Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Hey, I am planning to have a hair transplant but very nervous

Customer Question

Hey,
I am planning to have a hair transplant but very nervous about the process. The clinic I'm doing it is very well known and has a good record with a lot of happy customers, but they are based in turkey and not the UK. The part I'm scared about and this might be stupid, is they inject local anesthetic to numb the donor area.
I just want to know is, if injecting local anesthetic can be dangerous? Can it kill? I'm sorry if this sounds silly, Just really nervous about the process.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Local anesthetic injection is pretty safe and millions of procedures are done under local anesthesia every day without any complications. You are just getting nervous.You will just feel needle pricks and after couple of minutes it would be numb and that is it. So do not get anxious local anesthesia is very safe drug and very little volume is used.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.