Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I met a guy online and met . I do not know his hiv status.

Customer Question

I met a guy online and met for sex. I do not know his hiv status. There was mural unprotected oral, not to completion. He also rimmed me, and rubbed his unprotected penis between my penis and anus area, but with no penetration. I did receive anal sex but this was with protection. The person did not ejaculate and was not thrusting his penis at all. I am now hugely concern about hoc infection. I went to a gum clinic and said that my risk was very low as pe ration was with protection but I'm still hugely worried. I'd be grateful for your advice.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The anal sex with protection is very low risk --if condom was used properly.It seems it was.And just rubbing does not constitute any risk for HIV.Hence, you have nothing to worry about.You can get a 4th generation HIV antigen/antibody test to confirm that.THis is very sensitive test within 4 weeks of exposure even.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply.I know The condom did not break but if he used an oil based lube am I at risk that it may have made small holes in the condom etc.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
No that is not the case with oil based lubricant.No need to worry.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeBest wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke to the person involve who said he does not have hiv or any stds, although you can never know. If the test is negative at 4 weeks would I need another test at 8 weeks or 3 months to be absolutely certain or would the 4 week test be enough if it does come back negative.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
No you do not need another test, if he is HIV negative.Best wishes