Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I think I have a migraine aura but want to rule other stuff

I think I have a migraine aura but want to rule other stuff out.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.What symptoms do you experience and for how long?Any family history of neurological disease?What have you tried so far and how is the response to medication?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blurry vision (hard to see screen) started about 50 minutes ago, stopped for about 10 minutes 8.20pm to 8.30pm then came back. I took 2 paracetamol (with caffeine) within five minutes of it starting.I have a history of migraine but not had anything like this since I was about 14.Blurry flickering started in the right eye then moved to the left. After it stopped it then came back in the right. Dull headache starting.There's a history of migraine in my family on my Mum's side. No neurological conditions as far as I know.I guess I'm a little concerned it might be a mini stroke but my speech is fine and I have control of both sides of body. I'm probably just being anxious and overreacting because I'm a bit stressed.I'm now getting some tingling on my head on the right side too.Thank you for helping. Did I remember everything?With gratitude,
Ellouise
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Cymbalta itself is out of his system.But 4 doses did cause some changes in the chemicals in the brain --mainly increased serotonin and noradrenaline levels.That may take about 2 weeks to get back to normal.These symptoms are not permanent.No specific medication is needed given the risk of side effects.However, natural supplements like ginkgo biloba 400 mg twice daily may help.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I don't understand what case you're referring to, it doesn't sound like it's a response to my question. What do you mean by Cymbalta, and what 4 doses are you talking about? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I apologize, that reply is not meant for you --due to the chat error, it got posted in your post.Please disregard.I will be back with your reply after I go through your post.Thanks again for your patience.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Given the association with headache, this does suggest like migraine with aura.Strong family history also suggests that.Mini stroke at your age is unlikelly.Usually symptoms tend to involve one side not both sides in case of ministroke.Other serious neurological conditions like brain tumor or aneurysm also causes one sided symptoms and often worsens over time not just come and go.Additional symptoms like speech problem, facial weakness, arm or leg weakness, seizures also absent.That is reassuring.You should see your doctor for a clinical evaluation.Migraine specific medication like Sumatriptan will be more effective.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for taking the time to reply thoroughly. You've reassured me. I just moved so don't have a GP in my local area yet so you've been really helpful. Registering with a local practice is now a priority. I'll do that ASAP.Sincerely ***** *****
Ellouise
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome EllouiseBest wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/