Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

3 years ago i got fluvery bad since then i can be okay then

3 years ago i got fluvery bad since then i can be okay then iget very tired and have to lie down this keeps happening can u tell me what it can be
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.I'm sorry, I misread the query and mistook the 3 "years" for 3 "days".If you are still having lethargy and fatigue then there is little chance that the flu had anything to do with it. Some viral infections like EBV etc do cause a post viral syndrome but that usually sets in after a decade of the illness. I would suggest that you see your PCP /GP and have some tests done. The first and foremost thing to rule out here is thyroid under activity which can be done by a simple blood test called thyroid function tests. Vitamin deficiencies, electrolyte imbalances and other hormonal fluctuations need to be ruled out after that.Let me know if you have other concerns.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.