Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Last week Tuesday i had sex with my girlfriend - i also train

last week Tuesday i had sex with my girlfriend - i also train with free weights
i am a 50 year old male.
i have NO limps but when i urinate afterwards i feel like i am holding my pee then the feeling goes then i notice a little bit of blood not heavy a very light pink colour
it seems to be less and less i can remember something similar in the past was bruised penus through exercise strain and or sex but it didnt last this long, do not remember the discharge
no swollen glands around the pelvic area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry no lumps on my penus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to be less and less
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This is less likely to be an STD since, in a week after sexual intercourse, pus discharge and fever or a rash or lesions are evident in case this were an STD.The possibility however, of this being a UTI like cystitis (bladder infection) or prostatitis (prostate inflammation) should be ruled out.This can be done by getting a urine routine examination and an ultrasound (KUB and prostate).Mean while, you should start on citrosoda three sachets per day to alkalinize the urine and also drink at least 3 litres of water per day to dilute the urine. Lower urinary tract symptoms like the ones you have are often due to the above two causes mentioned or prostate enlargement and the ultrasound will be very revealing.Let me know if you have other concerns.Please do leave a rating for the answer by clicking on the top right corner of your screen.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can if my girlfriend is having radiotherapy will that cause this she had treatment direct to the womb via the vigina
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
If she's having radiotherapy she is likely to suffer from a UTI and that can be transferred during sexual intercourse to you.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry one other thing i used dettol to clean will that cause a lower UTI?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No detol does not cause UTI.