Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Last week Tuesday i had sex with my girlfriend - i also

last week Tuesday i had sex with my girlfriend - i also train with free weights
i am a 50 year old male.
i have NO limps but when i urinate afterwards i feel like i am holding my pee then the feeling goes then i notice a little bit of blood not heavy a very light pink colour
i used dettol to clean my penus by accient could be the problem
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This is less likely to be an STD since, in a week after sexual intercourse, pus discharge and fever or a rash or lesions are evident in case this were an STD.The possibility however, of this being a UTI like cystitis (bladder infection) or prostatitis (prostate inflammation) should be ruled out.This can be done by getting a urine routine examination and an ultrasound (KUB and prostate).Mean while, you should start on citrosoda three sachets per day to alkalinize the urine and also drink at least 3 litres of water per day to dilute the urine. Lower urinary tract symptoms like the ones you have are often due to the above two causes mentioned or prostate enlargement and the ultrasound will be very revealing.Let me know if you have other concerns.Please do leave a rating for the answer by clicking on the top right corner of your screen.Best.