Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

In not sure what to do?in a working mum to to two children.i

Hi,in not sure what to do?in a working mum to to two children.i was on my own for two years.i met a man on pof!i was curious and didn't speak to any except one.he messaged me and made me smile,we continued to talk and it was like talking to a friend id never met.we had a date,i was careful how we met,and we instantly clicked and felt comfortable,infact we spent the whole day together.he asked to see me again,and again it was just as good,and a third date just as good.now inbetween this we spent hours messaging and he said he thought we were on the same page,how lucky he felt,he said he wanted a good foundation and wanted this to be real.it was intense and i enjoyed it but i worried it was going too fast.he then went to work on the gas riggs for two weeks and we continued messaging,this is were the problems began because i was worrying at the speed but he did nothing wrong and reassured me.im normally a confident person,have a good social life,professional job,good friends,but for some reason i didn't handle it well and it came across as insecure.he text me saying although he really enjoyed it he was feeling responsible for my feelings and stressed so he ended it.im kicking myself,i don't know what to do.we both had the same integrity,he had a kind heart,we had fun.help please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also rang me.its hard to describe but he said he picked up on my qualities early, my integrity,warmth,humour,attractiveness.i felt straight away he had a kindness,i liked his honesty,he wasn't afraid to talk,he was funny.we both like the same music,interests like silver,carboots,charity shops,eating out,cooking,it was uncanny,it felt like we fitted.i know he is close to his family.i want to see him again because i miss him for the right reasons,i also care about him,i enjoy being with him,it was so comfortable yet fun.how do i get him to see he judged me wrongly
he did say something to me in earlier texts,as i koked i was like Mary Poppins 99percent perfect and he asked me what the one percent was.i said could be bit grumpy in mornings or if i couldn't get everything that i wanted.he replied what if i felt both at same time?which i thought a bit odd. He said wasn't so self assured at times and he may interpret my grumpyness that its his fault and feel insecure and his way of dealing with it is to withdraw.i reassured him that a cup of coffee and a hug from him would suffice trying to make light of what he said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i meant to say if i couldn't get everything i wanted done that day lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also made plans for us when he got back,like going to carboots,antique shops for me to help choose things for his house,going shopping together. he noticed i had a dodgy loo handle and said he wanted to fix it for me,sounds silly but these things tell me he saw us ahead together.i don't know what to do?i just want to speak to him and resolve and enjoy it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like you two are going through the steps of getting to know each other which can be a scary part in a relationship.when you get to know someone closer, often you can see the down sides of them. every person has faults and insecurities.you do and he does as well.the question is if you two can work through these hard parts and see past the faults and insecuritiesand if this relationship is right for both of you.are the lines of communication still open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so,i haven't rang him incase i made it worse before speaking to you,i do want to speak to him because i agree with you but i don't know how he will react,shall i try?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it can be scary opening up your heart and being vulnerable to someoneit sounds like he has many nice qualities. let him know how you are feeling.that you wanted to talk to him and that you missed him.do you want to see him again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i do,but he will think im needy?or insecure,but i just care in a healthy way
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you have to let him know how you are feeling.if you are thinking of him, let him know.it will not make you look needy.hopefully he will want to see you as well you have to keep the lines of communication open and be honest with him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall i ring him
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, you should call him.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok can i talk later to you and let you know what happened please