Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a very large blister on my shin. It looked like

Hello. I have a very large blister on my shin. It looked like 'half a satsuma' blister. After 10 days, it leaking and then refilled. This sequence repeated over the next 2 days. Currently part of the skin torn leaving an unfilled blister with a small wound, about the size of a pea near the edge. Fluid keeps seeping out of the wound, I guess it is blister trying to refill. The wound won,t dry and blister doesnt seem to heal. Please can you help with some advice.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a picture that you could attach here for me to see so that I can give a better opinion.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, picture attached.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Have you been seen for this?Received any treatment?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally saw nurse when it started with a blister and was told to leave it unburst. Not seen anyone since it leaked.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.Sorry for the late response.This blister does not seem like it is infected and should heal up in due course of time i.e. another week to two weeks.If you start having pus in the blister or change in color of the surrounding skin to red then you must be seen as you will then require a course of an antibiotic.Applying topical antibiotics like neosporin or polysporin will also help in preventing an infection.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks