How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I am a post-menopausal woman, usually well, but since menopause,

Customer Question

I am a post-menopausal woman, usually well, but since menopause, I still have orgasms, but now only occasionally because of the excruciating lower abdo pain which lasts for about 20-30mins after. I also occasionally get a niggling pain in the ovarian area. Can you help please. I am too embarrassed to go to my own doctor. I am a newly retired GP myself. Kate
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I am sorry to hear about your problem.I think that you will definitely require imaging studies such as an ultrasound of your pelvis or preferably a CT scan.Can you please let me know if this particular pain that you are having happens only after sex or during sex?Please let me know.Regards