DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

HiI've got itchy spots all over my body. I have been prescribed

I've got itchy spots all over my body. I have been prescribed some fexofenadine for a month but that has not help as the itch is intense. Plus I have new spots sprouting out every day. The itch is unbeatable after showering or at the end of the day as my clothes rub against them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started by one on my leg (see pictures). I tried emollient creams and Hc45 a hydrocortisone acetate cream and no improvement. Nothing is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm seeing a GP again tomorrow so please advise on any drugs to help me get rid of this skin condition. I'm an atopic individual so used to having eczema or urticaria but nothing like this. I had a blood test to check the liver and the thyroid and it seems to have been positive. Unfortunately I haven't had copy of the results like in France.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis needs an MRSA antibiotic.It looks like MRSA.Talk to your doctor.Send a sample to the lab. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for your reply. Could you tell me what MRSA stands for? How did I got it? Are emollient creams good for this?
Emmanuelle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is contagious how come my partner hasn't caught it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never been in a hospital here and avoid close contact with people. I don't understand how I might have got this MSRA.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
MRSA is a staph bug.It is in the communities now, just like staph.It is not exclusive to hospitals. Community forms can be chronic.Go have this swabbed for the lab. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The GP at the French clinic said it was eczema. I'm not part of any community. What kind of community are you referring to?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is out in the public.Everywhere.Why some people are susceptible and others are not is unclear.You said nothing about eczema.However, eczema can become secondarily infected, and you still need the swab test.You might need a course of mupiricin AND treatment for eczema. Please click a positive at this point. Your question is a simple, single answer set up.If you would like more time, I can go into comprehensive approaches to eczema, but you will need to accept the additional services offer. See that next.Or, simply click a positive here.