Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I had an peri-anal abscess removed years ago and now I have

I had an peri-anal abscess removed years ago and now I have a lump which weeps constantly at the site of closure. What is this?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, the most possible explanation is that there has been a fistula which wasn't removed completely. This may have lead to new inflammation and the beginning of a new abscess. You should see a surgeon for an examination. I am afraid another operation might be necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to see a doctor who said it may be a wart and gave me some cream. A wart does not weep though, surely ?
No it can't for sure. I think there might have been a little crust which your doctor took for a whart, but it came from the secretion of the inside of the abscess.