DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What is the cause of low body temperature

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloMany people think they are low but are in the normal range.97.6 F for example, is not low.In some cases, the low end of normal can be the result of hypothyrodism, so thyroid function should always be checked.Brain problems and dysregulation with the hypothalamus can cause body temperature problems.Being very ill in the ICU [sepsis] in older people can cause extreme low temperatures such as 95. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.