Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am going crazy trying to figure out what to think about

Customer Question

hello I am going crazy trying to figure out what to think about what my doctor has said to me. I have been getting progressively sicker over the last few months and was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis but my doctor has now ordered a lymph node scan as my last few blood test have come back with the lymphocytes getting progressively higher the last level he told me was 8 and he has said he is testing for non Hodgkin's or Hodgkin's lymphoma. My question is would a doctor normally tell a patient they suspect cancer if they aren't fairly sure that is what it is? I am so stressed and can't sleep for worrying about this and I still have another week till I get the test
Faith
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your worries.Given your progressive sickness, and increasing number of lymphocytes, there is a genuine concern for lymphoma.Hence your doctor is fairly sure it may be lymphoma but not fully certain obviously.You will need lymph node biopsy after scan to confirm the suspicion.You are welcome to provide more information here.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/