Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 70 years of age I suspect I have low body temp. and

I am 70 years of age I suspect I have low body temp. and that is why I suffer from long term colds. What causes this symptom.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Hypothyroidism or low thyroid hormones is the most common cause.Iron deficiency anemia in moderate form is another cause.Also are you female or male?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Male
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok in that case, testosterone deficiency also should be ruled out.Please see your doctor for blood tests --serum TSH, free T4, blood count, iron level, testosterone total and free level.Best wishes