Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am writing this as I am afraid of having contacted hiv

Customer Question

I am writing this as I am afraid of having contacted hiv 2 months ago through unprotected sex with a south korean girl.
About 6 days after the incident, I had dinner and after 2-3 hours I started vomitting non-stop throughout the night. The next day I had 38c fever which went down with some paracetamol. I was off work for 3 days and went back on the 4th day. The weeks went by with no symptoms as I recall.
It must be a couple of weeks now that I've had lighheadedness and feeling nauseous. It could be down to different reasons of course, but I can't shake the thought that I may be positive. I haven't vomitted and I don't have fever, although I feel tired some days.
I will get tested this week, but perhaps you can provide me with some peace of mind.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm sorry but I can't really give you peace of mind.The only peace is that this could easily be another viral illnessAlso, that HIV is less commonly transmitted to males from females
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.