DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

A large bruise appeared just above the knee in one of my leg-

A large bruise appeared just above the knee in one of my leg- there is no pain. I was a the theatre and the okay was 3hours long. I walked to take the train in mid high chunky heels
Please let me know if this should be cause of concern?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt is most likely not a concern.Unless you get more, or have other symptoms, in which case you need lab tests to check your platelet levels. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI have not heard a thing from you after my answer yet you gave me a negative rating. This rates me bad with justanswer and sees to it that I am not paid.Was that deliberate? Or,an error? [it happens].Is there something that has not been answered?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have swelling in both knees and ankles
An another bruise on the other leg
Please advise
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Please click a positive to reverse your negative.Swelling is not something you mentioned initially.This can be: thyroid disease, liver or kidney disease, or blood clots [usually not if swelling is on both sides].You need to go in.It can also be a vasculitis, in which the blood vessels are inflamed, which is an autoimmune disease.Be seen today. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI have not heard back from you after my last answer, but you gave me a negative rating which rates me bad with justanswer and sees that I am not paid for my time.Was that deliberate? Or an error? [it happens].Is there some question that was not answered?This format requires your participation; it is a back and forth.Is there another question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.