Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

This is a health question I had protected sex

This is a sexual health question
I had protected sex condom with a partner who I learnt had an Sti.
I had oral sex on this person and feel I have gonorrhea of the throat now. I'm heading to doctors soon to sort it. But the question is if I had unprotected sex a few days later will infection be in my genetils and can infect the other person.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Yes you can transmit gonorrhea to your partner while having throat infection with this organism so answer to your question is 'yes' and both of you should get STD screening.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the chances of contracting a Sti through oral sex. I'm not sure if I just have a sore throat. I have taken penicillin for it for 3 days but not gone away. Thinking it might be vital sore throat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't need a live call just was trying to see if you replied
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply,Chances are moderate if your partner is positive for gonorrhea. It is better to get a swab test to be on safe side and if it comes positive you might need different antibiotic for this most likely ceftrioxone.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry should asked this previous.
Can kissing spread these sti
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
it can be transmitted if there is mucous secretions contact like french kissing. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.