Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Pain or ache in right thigh, especially when sitting or driving.

Pain or ache in right thigh, especially when sitting or driving. Can walk it off and no pain when walking
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is due to the nerve compression from lower spine problem.This means the nerve is getting pinched at the lower spine causing these symptoms.Herniated disc, spine arthritis are such causes.You can try over the counter Ibuprofen ( Advil) 2-3 tablets with food every 8 hours for pain control.Also Warm compress and ice pack will help.Please consider physical therapy as that will help to strengthen the back muscles and also traction to release pressure on the nerves.Prescription medication like Gabapentin and tramadol can be tried for pain control.Epidural steroid injection is another good option.Please go to this link for lower back exercises:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00302&webid=26DBE25FBut first see your doctor for a clinical evaluation as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/