Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My partner & I had sex Tuesday night last week, the day

Hi, my partner & I had sex Tuesday night last week, the day after my period ended. He may have pre-came inside me, but did not orgasm at all. Saturday I started spotting and it's lasted until now, but a bit less. I have no change of appetite, no breast tenderness or nausea but very slight cramps. The blood seems to have stopped now. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Can I be pregnant?
To note: I also randomly spotted last month but that was just for day. I also just started working out in the gym last Thursday for the first time in a long time.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.No, this episode occurred a day after your period ended and your boyfriend did not ejaculate inside you, adding to that the pregnancy test was negative, so there is no chance that you might be pregnant because of this sexual intercourse.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor, thanks so much for speedy reply.I am worried about what it is though. Should I be concerned?Thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No, the spotting could be due to vigorous sex and friction abrasions in the vagina. Since, the epithelium of the vagina is edematous for a couple of days after the period ends so it is easily injured.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor. I appreciate everything and will rate you positively. As you can imagine I am nervous & confused. If I want to contact you for further questions is this possible?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, by all means, please return to this thread and post your response. The thread will remain open even after a rating has been left for any follow ups.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for what you do. You have really helped. I will be in touch if necessary.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Great! Thanks.