Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had problems 6 months now used to be with

Customer Question

I had problems for about 6 months now used to be with constipation and mucus but now it's problems with diareah changing with flat stools and gas im 16 years old no family history of cancer and scared now I have bin to my gp loads she won't let me have a colonscopy I have had blood test they come back normal and had my weight checked over the last 6 months it's stayed the same weight please can I have an answer to this my gp has refered me to a gastrinologist but it might be to late what if it is cancer it would have spread by now ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctorwe don't see colon cancer in patients who are 16 years old when they have no family history of cancer.it sounds like you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry here.your symptoms sound more like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.it will not be too late to see a GI specialist. you don't have a cancer which can spreadlet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did all start with a onset of anxiety and panic attacks I mean I'm not experiencing anxiety much these days as im going through cognitive behavioural therapy I think that what it is called I just need an answer to these flat stools and diareah I haven't had a normal stool for up to 2 months is this worrying ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, flat stools is not a worry.it is not a sign of colon cancer.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18683051is a medical article about flat stools not being a sign of colon cancer. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much very reassuring spent a lot of money on this sight you are the only one to reassure me so would u say I'm okay yeah ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, you are ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also sorry for another reply but when I strain for a bowel movement even when I don't need one I feel this sharp pain in like just about the anal bit not in the stomach is this typical of ibs or any other condition ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this pain is normal when you strain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question I promise just want to ease my mind a little is it common to have constipatiom diarreah at same time plus to have small amount of poo to come out in some bowel movement still flat of course ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have red lines in my eyes everyday and a little bit of a tint of yellow only a bit tho probably just seeing stuff with the yellow but I do have red lines ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, that can happen with IBS irritable bowel syndrome or mild food poisoning or from mild food allergies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So yes to the red eyes this will be ibs realated
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, IBS related most likely.