Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My genitals are severely itchy and the tip of my foreskin is

my genitals are severely itchy and the tip of my foreskin is swollen up and red, I've been to a doctor who said it was jock itch but I'm really worried and i don't know what to do
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please attach a picture here so that I can help you out in a better way.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can't really see anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just really itchy and there are red spots on the balls and the penis is inflamed and red
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
What are you worried about?Are you worried about a sexually transmitted infection?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not that i just want some a dive to stop the itching and am worried about the tip of the penis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can send a picture if that helps
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes a picture would help a lot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just in a lot of pain and uncomfort due to the itching
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Are you using anything at the present moment?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just anti fungal cream that the doctor said to use
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know whats caused this
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
What is the name of the cream that you are using.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its lloyds pharmacy anti fungal skin seam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've only be using it a day but it seems to still be really itchy and uncomfortable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want it to stop itching
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the forskin wasn't inflamed yesterday but it is today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm really uncomfortable
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Since how long are you on the cream?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know how long till its supposed to help though
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
How long after using the cream did you notice the swelling?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Did the itching get worse after using the cream?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only noticed it this morning after waking up and going to the toilet
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think so but I'm really not sure,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all i know is over the past couple of days the itching has gotten worse and worse and thats why i called the doctor
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You could have had an allergic reaction to the cream that you used.I would recommend that you should use over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream which will help with your itching and also reduce the swelling.Also, using oral benadryl as well to help with your itching and swelling.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i keep on using the anti fungal stuff along with the anti itching
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would stop using that for a day or so until the swelling settles.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but then how will my rash that the doctor said might be thrush or I've read on the internet could be balanitis be treated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it might be balanitis i have all the symptoms for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the moment the itching has stopped but the forskin and testiclaes are starting to hurt is that normal
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Testicles hurting is not normal.This may not be a fungal infection.It may be a bacterial infection for which you will require oral antibiotics.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If your symptoms are severe and you cannot wait for a doctor's appointment I would recommend consulting the emergency department for an urgent prescription.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just noticed this
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend that you should go to the emergency if your symptoms are worsening like you mention.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just noticed this
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do these bumps itch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This points more to an allergic reaction more than anything else.Does not point to any specific disease process.But I would recommend that you be seen again as you will likely require prescription medications to help with your problem.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine