Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a 3 mth old with turned in eyelids. I took him to

Hi i have a 3 mth old with turned in eyelids. I took him to my gp who new nothing about it just referred him to see a specialist. The thing is im worried about it and dont want to wait weeks maybe months to get it looked at. Should i be worried? I cant find a private doctor in my area that deals with babies.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
In babies it is okay to wait since the eye lashes do not irritate the cornea because they are soft and almost non existent. If however, the entropion is causing the baby's eyes to turn red and watery then there is an urgency. If that is not happening you can wait till the baby is at least 6 months of age.
Please rate the answer by clicking on the stars on the top corner of your screen.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it cotrect itself or is surgery needed
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It usually requires minor surgery or splintage to correct.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.