Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My heart rate increases rapidly with the slightest bit of exertion.

Customer Question

my heart rate increases rapidly with the slightest bit of exertion. i am a fit and healthy 21 year old but this leaves me breathless and I'm not sure if it is serious or not
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please enumerate the medications that you are on at the moment?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on ventolin, Spriva respimat and Foster
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*fostair
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
There are two possibilities.It is either due to your asthma that may not have recovered fully or may be due to the drugs that you are on.Has this started to happen more recently or has this been happening for a long period of time?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened after an asthma attack in October but it it happening all the time now. Heart problems run in my family
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Heart problem is highly unlikely at your age.I think that the symptoms that you are having are either due to your asthma that has still not fully recovered and also contributing to your symptoms are the medications that you are on which certainly increase your heart rate.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards