Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Im 9 stone and 5ft. and im 22. how come am 9 stone but my belly

im 9 stone and 5ft. and im 22. how come am 9 stone but my belly is quite big considering am only 9 stone. ive got a 35 inch waist. how do I lose this.
why am I 9 stone but really fat with a 35 inch waist.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.
Do you have a picture?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sent pictures. This is my problem am 9 stone but got a big stomach, what can I do
I noticed you have a lot of hair growth too.Do you have irregular periods?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Got hair on my arm too, i remove it after a shower but then few days later I get ingrown hair and stuff.
My period cycle is 21 days and only come on 4-5 days. 1st day and 2nd day is a bit heavy and the rest of the days I come on are really really light. Like I'm not even on
I think you might have PCOS. Are you familiar with this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've just read about it now on Google. I've always found it hard to lose my belly fat. I don't get the reason though how come my weight is 9 stone and my Bmi is 24 and still I'm big. It's been the same since high school.
With pcos treatment will it help me to lose belly fat.
Or would their be another reason why I can't lose it
Yes, it would
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One last question, how does pcos make it harder for you to lose weight. And how will treatment help me to lose belly fat.
It is related to an increase in androgens like testosteronethey increase belly fat storage.That is why men have beer bellies :)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So if I have treatment will that make it much easier for me to lose the belly fat
bingoI would recommend metformin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is that used for and how will it help
would you mind accepting additional services?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will I be payin
yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry did finish my sentence. Will I be paying £11 plus £21. Or just £21 all together thanks
I think 11 plus 21.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I accept £21 offer will I get a lot more info about how to lose belly fat and how it relates to pcos
No problem. yes of course
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already paid £11 just need to rate it. Once I do that why don't I just request you again and carry on from there. So basically start a new conversation for £11. So all together it will be £22. Just need to ask 4 more questions
As £11 and £22 is too much.
What do you think. Can I rate this and then request you again for £11
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you think to the previous offer I made. Let me know thanks
How about I provide it cheaper
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah that's a good offer. about how many more questions will I be able to answer. Once I get your reply il accept your offer. Thanks
10 more posts
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for about 10 questions il accept
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can never lose belly fat on my stomach even with exercise and health eating. Will taking medication for pcos help me to lose belly fat with exercise and heathy eating
Yes it will. The medicine helps correct the hormonal imbalance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this defiantly the reason or could there be another reason of my weight problem
This is likely it. Thyroid could be off too
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are my periods normal 21 day cycle and only come on 4-5 days with only two day being a bit heavy and the rest being quite light. Is this a problem too
Yes, it could be a sign of PCOS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you please provide more detail in your answers there are really brief, Compared to the ones on this site from previous doctors.
And they've paid the same amount too.You didn't really answer my previous question are my periods normal.And this is the question am asking now, without pcos treatment would I be able to lose this belly fat myself if I tried with more walking and more healthy eating
1)No the periods are not normal. A normal 28 day period is normal. Yours is not normal and that is probably related to PCOS2)I highly doubt you will be able. The belly fat is from a hormonal imbalance. That is hard to correct with diet and exercise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you that makes much more sense.
How long with treatment will it take for me to start to notice myself losing belly fat
within 1 month
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you answer these 2 at the same time as they are brief questions. After this I only have 2 more fairy easy questions thats it.1)Is that why my mates who are same weight as me - 9 stone, have a flat stomach and I don't as I have Pcos.2)roughly about how long before I will completely lose all the belly fat along with a healthy diet and exerciseThanks
1)yes2)I can't answer that for sure
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Over time will I be able to lose the belly fat though. And will it help with bloating this medication as I can get bloated quite a lot
I think we covered this alreadyNo it will not help bloating
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So I will need separate medication for bloating.
And I bought some colon cleansing pills and some T5 super thermo slimming pills. Would I be able to take these pills with the pcos medication.
After this I have just one last question
No I would not recommend taking those. Mixing supplements andmeds isn't a good ideaI don't know what is causing the bloating so I'm not sure what the treatment will be
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How can I find out the cause of bloating as so far my gp is just giving me medication for it and it's not making a difference. I've told them it's not making a difference but they told me to carry on with it. What can I ask them to do to find out the cause.
I'm not sure about that.To investigate that you would need to open a new question
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Open a new question with a doctor who would know about it.And this is my final question is pcos hard to diagnose I'm surprised my own gp didn't pick this up when I gave her all this information. And how do I tell my gp that I need pcos medication.Thank you for all your help, been a great help
I'm not surprised.the quality of GPs in the UK seems highly variablejust ask the GP about it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you will be writing you a really good review.
True point been seeing a doctor for quite a few weeks now describing how
I can't lose belly fat and how am bloated. And that am 9 stone. and all they've done is keep prescribing me medication which hasn't helped me at all.
Thanks again
welcome :)good luck
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I quickly ask you a question and in return I will give you a bonus.
I went to see my doctor, explained all the symptoms I'm getting such as weight, hair, irregular periods and more. I've asked her to do some tests to confirm. But she won't do them. She goes even if I do get diagnosed with pcos there isn't any treatment of the Nhs for hair on arms and legs. Pcos treatment won't help me with losing fat Around my waist. To lose fat I need to eat healthier and exercise more. I told her I am already doing this. She's goes treatments aren't available on the Nhs so there's Is no point doing the tests for pcos.
Is she right. If she isn't how do I get the tests done if the doctor won't do them.
Can you go private?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't afford to go private. What else can I do ? Is she right in saying there is no point in getting tested for pcos as there isn't any medication that will help with my symptoms such as hair on body. No medication that will help with that.
And no medication that will sort out my irregular periods.
So what do I do now, if she won't do the tests