Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My four year old son developed a very small white spot on his

My four year old son developed a very small white spot on his lip/under lip. It doesn't seem to bother him, today it has changed and almost looks like it has popped or has become a scab.
He has a mark next to it that has just appeared but I think he could have cut himself and it had blood on it.
I am really worried it's a cold sore, I don't know what they look like as both myself and my husband have never had one.
He is fit and well with no temperature and no other symptoms.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Cold sores in children are never solitary, they occur in numbers and before a cold sore forms the child complains of stinging pain and runs a fever. This is most likely a white head, that has popped. I suggest that you put an anti bacterial ointment on it for now twice a day like Bacitracin ointment available OTC.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send you a photo just to be sure
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, sure. Please do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is is
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Definitely not a cold sore at this point in time.At the moment, this does not look like a cold sore and in that case, it should heal within the next 3 days. If this does not happen and you see vesicles or if the number of sores increases then you should have him seen by his paediatrician.Please do rate the answer as that is the only way I am compensated for my service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so so much.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure. Please do remember to rate this answer by clicking on the stars on top of your screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do.