wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Good afternoon :), I wonder if you can help me. I'm a

Customer Question

Good afternoon :),
I wonder if you can help me.
I'm a 20 year old female who has been suffering with severe nausea and dizziness for the past 5 days. It isn't constant in the day and it comes on and off, but at night I feel so sick I can't lay down. I'm weak and shakey and have no energy. This has consequently left me with no sleep which has added to my anxiety.
Anyway, I've also had a weird numb, cold tingling by my temple on my head (I don't know if its related) which is weird and scary.
I've just got my period which was late, so I think it might be related to this. I am in loads of pain and its not a good month to say the least. Someone mentioned to me emdemetriosis? Could I have this? Or could it just be low blood sugar? Or am I dying? Please help!!!!!!
Thanks so much
Rhia
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloOne possibility is stomach ulcer. Assuming this pain is in the stomach.Or gastritis.Dizziness can be from anxiety, but I am more worried about anemia [stomach ulcers can cause blood loss].Endometriosis does not typically cause pain higher up or dizziness.You need an exam now to get to the bottom of this.Go to urgent care or to A & E, unless your doctor can see you in the office right now. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the pain is very distinctive and its definitely period pain. Would an ulcer cause me to feel sick?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
If the pain is lower down, like a period, then endometriosis is a possibility.But so is pelvic inflammatory disease [infection] which would be more likely to make you very ill.An ulcer would cause nausea.Anemia would cause dizziness.Not something to sit around on, but needs examination.Viral infection with your period could do it as well.But an exam narrows this down.Good luck.Please click a positive on the rating scale [we are only paid per positive rating]; the rating scale is at the top of the page.Come back as needed.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
To tell you the truth:At this point you have been suffering too long to continue to deal with this at home on your own.While I understand it can be difficult to get into see your doctor in the UK at times, given what you have posted, you should try to be seen.Once the correct diagnosis is made you can be on your way toward feeling better.Does this make sense to you?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS