Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 22 years old, and I'm abit worried about my constant

Hello I am 22 years old, and I'm abit worried about my constant twitches on my right eye, it's been happening for months it did stop and now it's back, I have just recently had a full eye exam and all is fine I don't know what it is Im starting to worry myself that it's something serious! Also I get like twitch movements on the side of my head!?? Now I know that I do clench my teeth a lot and I rarely drink enough fluids at all! Help what is it, and is it serious like a brain Tumour that I keep thinking! I am currently going to an anxiety programme about my health anxiety. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctoryour symptoms don't sound like they are from a brain tumor.your eye twitching sounds like benign fasciculations of small nerves and musclesit is also called myokymia or benign twitching of the eye.this can occur with excessive anxiety and lack of sleep and low potassium levels.it sounds like your health anxiety symptoms are most likely to blameit sounds like you are at risk for TMJ syndrome as well if you are clenching your teeth frequently.you might benefit from a bite guard at night time in your mouth to take tension and stress off of your TMJ joint.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks for putting my mind at rest, I will turn down the offer of s live phone chat as I can't afford it, also would you suggest that I drink more as I rarely drink at all, also the mind resting has helped as me and my fiancé are going to start trying for a baby soon and the stress wouldn't of helped! Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you should drink more wateryou should work on getting more sleepyou should be exercising regularly.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
This is called blepharospasmIt is a benign conditiontalk to your doctor about a med called cogentinit works well for this
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thank you for your help also.