Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have the implant in my arm so haven't had a period in

Customer Question

Hi, I have the implant in my arm so haven't had a period in a year. Then at the beginning of March I had a heavy period lasting 4-5 days and today I've started bleeding again, so less that two weeks. Is this normal?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes this can be normal. Since you did not have any period for long time, the uterus lining kept on growing and then shed off from excessive tissue growth. The current bleeding is likely due to the hormonal influence causing blood vessel rupture in the uterus lining. Should subside by itself usually. if the bleeding gets heavy and persistent more than 3 days, you should see your doctor. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/