Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Dr David anxiety Mark here Nusea gone eat a very healthy

Hi dr David anxiety Mark here
Nusea gone eat a very healthy vegan dinner as usual got windy pains and gurgling I feel fine as usual and I'm constipated
This is the usual pattern I take it I suffer ibs c ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Would you like me to help you out?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Probably better that you have my history !!!!! I'm a health anxiety sufferer.
I have suffered from tension headache and ibs for many years.
I have had ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast. And I have a full cbc every year and an abdominal ultrasound as I have Gilbert's syndrome.
All the tests the ct done 9 months ago the rest a couple of weeks ago are all normal my doc has done an abdominal physical exam last week all perfect
I get trapped wind. That moves this is usually followed by a tense muscle feeling in my tummy like when you tense your muscles in your tummy.
Then hard stools that ain't so regular.
Gurgling. As well. My doc reassures me then I panic again it's a vicious circle.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the detailed additional information.Would you like to discuss this over the phone or on text messages on here?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here. If you like. Dr Phil and dr David usually reassure me then I'm fine. And it will go.
But the anxiety craves reassurance.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
I understand.From what you are telling me this is certainly nothing serious or anything to worry about.You are having IBS-C that is causing your symptoms.It is not anything serious at all.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. My doc says the same he says the fact I keep getting tests is not a good idea. !
My blood results last week esr 1 c r p 0.5
Heamoglobin 160
Red cells 4.99
Iron 22
WBC 4.5
Alt 30
Ast 21
Gamma gt 8
Colestrol 4.1
Tryglycerides 0.4
He says these are excellent for a 50 year old. No anemia or inflamation and that should reassure me. ??
I'm 6 ft 3 183 pounds
Fit run 3 miles a day.
So what would you advise to not panic every time ??
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your additional information.Trust me, your bloods are perfect.You are an extremely healthy person.It is your anxiety that gets better of you everytime.So I would not worry whatsoever.Trust me, you have nothing serious or anything to worry about.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell that from the bloods ?? As a doc ? Do they reveal serious stuff?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Yes they can reveal serious stuff if you have had.But your bloods are just fine which rules out anything serious.If it were anything serious you would have already been in the heavens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ahhhhh so the fact I have had it for a month or so on and off this time and many times before means it's my mind not communicating with gut ??
Not sure you should tell a health anxious person il be in the heavens doc !??? Looool.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
LOlWell, what I was trying to say is that if it were anything serious for this long a period of time, you would not have survived without treatment.But trust me, you are healthy and this is not anything to worry about.It is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks nice to meet you. Excellent rating
So to finish. Windy pressure in abdomen that moves from top to bottom of gi tract. With that weird tense muscle feeling and wanting to go but can't feeling and hard stools. By the way the stools are normal in colour and an inch thick or so. ?
I also hVe flatulence both ends Its ibs c ?
Any advice on not panicking when it comes ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
The symptoms that you are mentioning are certainly due to IBS-C and not anything serious.You should try your level best to keep your mind busy in things that you enjoy the most.Also, I would also consider following up with a psychiatrist to consider putting you on something to calm you down a little bit, something like lexapro, which I prescribe very commonly.I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good night. Ok I'm going to relax.
You in USA ? Rating and bonus on way
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
I am in Australia.Wish you all the best.You can contact me anytime.I am here daily.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wow. ! I'm in London.
So ibs c and anxiety is in Australia too????
So simply except the ibs and use hobbies to combat it ?
But it's not serious the bloods rule that out ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
IBS-C is everywhere in the world.Yes you must use hobbies to combat it and keep your mind busy.Nothing serious, your bloods are normal, so I would not worry whatsoever.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi dr thanks so much for your help
I am almost ready to relax and except it's harmless
Today I have wind farting and burping but I have been twice to the loo today so it's following the ibs c exactly as you say.
I panic that it's pancreas or something my doc says no you would have completely different symptoms and you would have pain in one place you also would not be able to eat and drink normally. Also the ultrasound last week reports your liver normal in every way and your pancreas normal in size and echoencity. Your ct also reported it perfect normal a year ago your bloods are perfect.
Is he right ?
And can I really just put this out of my mind. ??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
The test results are okay.Not anything to worry about at all whatsoever.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks so the ultrasound pancreas etc all good. Bloods are very good ?
It is just ibs c. Today I'm slightly constipated it does follow the ibs pattern
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Bloods are great.Ultrasound is great.The constipation that you are having most certainly follows IBS pattern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So essentially normal. Means normal on the pancreas?
Anxiety ? I'm going to book c b t ???
But doc I'm all good ? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Yes it is normal.Yes you should book CBT which will help a lot as far as I am concerned.Everything is PERFECT :)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi dr anxiety Mark here
Well the ibs settled and went it has come back today but all I have now is a slight nusea right up the top of my wind pipe. Is that the gas ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Yes could be gas or could be acid reflux.I would not worry whatsoever.Nothing serious.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no burning at all just a tiny nusea like I need to burp.
Is that normal with an ibs flare.
And my doc gave me an abdominal exam yesterday she said soft and perfect normal and normal bowel sounds
What does she mean by soft when she pushes my abdomen she said that's good perfect
To finish il post a bonus.
The fact I've had this for a month now on and off and it goes away then returns but I can eat drink run and I'm not loosing any weight and feel fine otherwise means it's ibs ?