Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have various problems already known about my back! I

Customer Question

Hi. I have various problems already known about my back! I have 2 discs degenerating, scoliosis and the muscles can go into spasm. For this I am currently taking tramadol. I have also suffered restless leg syndrome for as long as I can remember. Recently though my knees have been stiff, painful and feel swollen in the mornings. What is this and what can I do to help it?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Stiffness and swelling in the knee joints especially in the morning along with pain is a sign of arthritis. This is seen more in rheumatoid arthritis rather than osteoarthritis which causes its symptoms in the evenings or the night.I would suggest that you discuss this with your doctor so that he can run some tests like an ESR, CRP, Full blood count and have x rays done of the knee joint along with a Ra factor test (blood test).I would advise that you start massages with Ibuprofen liquigel on the knees four times a day and wear a knee brace all day and take a hot bath at night and sleep without the brace.Do not limit your physical activity.Start on an anti inflammatory like Aleve 500 mg twice a day (OTC) to limit the inflammation and pain.You can give that to her as per her daily routine, no worries there.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Stiffness and swelling in the knee joints especially in the morning along with pain is a sign of arthritis. This is seen more in rheumatoid arthritis rather than osteoarthritis which causes its symptoms in the evenings or the night.I would suggest that you discuss this with your doctor so that he can run some tests like an ESR, CRP, Full blood count and have x rays done of the knee joint along with a Ra factor test (blood test).I would advise that you start massages with Ibuprofen liquigel on the knees four times a day and wear a knee brace all day and take a hot bath at night and sleep without the brace.Do not limit your physical activity.Start on an anti inflammatory like Aleve 500 mg twice a day (OTC) to limit the inflammation and pain.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best.,