DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been experiencing constant anxiety and exhaustion for

I have been experiencing constant anxiety and exhaustion for years and, despite having been prescribed antidepressants and having dealt in counselling with all the big issues in my past, these feelings are, if anything, getting worse. ( I am not anxious about anything obvious, it seems to be at its worst on waking) Is there anything that can help me?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.I am sorry that you have been having so much difficulty.Have you been tried on medicines other than the amitriptyline and citalopram?Have you had any recent blood work, including a thyroid profile?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a thyroid profile, sorry that I didn't mention it before, and have been on 75mg of levothyroxine per day for a while. I thought that you were a homeopathic practitioner, which I was trying as my own GP doesn't seem to have any other options for me. I have not tried any other antidepressants and am on Ramipril 5mg as well, as I have a pacemaker.
If you are seeking a homeopathy practitioner, that would be a different category. Do you want a homeopathy practitioner? Or would you like to continue discussion with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I would like a homeopathic practitioner, if that's ok, I'd just like to try another option after all these years
I will ask for the category to be changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Will I have to pay again?
You will not have to pay twice, but it actually is a little more complicated. When I look at other categories, the homeopathy category only appears to be available on the US site, at justanswer.com, rather than on the UK site at justanswer.co.uk. I am sending a message to the moderators to be certain that the homeopathy category is not available on this site, and if not available whether they can transfer the question or if it needs to be reposted on the US site. If it does need to be reposted, then you can get a refund from this question while paying for the question on the US site. Please wait for either a moderator or someone from customer service to get with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, Dr Love.
You are very welcome.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI am a double board certified MD and a classical homeopath.What is your question exactly?:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been experiencing more or less constant anxiety and exhaustion for years and, despite having been prescribed antidepressants and having dealt, in counselling, with the issues in my past, these feelings seem to be getting worse. (I am not anxious about anything obvious, and it seems to be at its worst on waking). Is there anything that can help me?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Do you know anything about homeopathy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand the principles and have used arnica for bumps and bruises in the past. I believe it can help with the mind as well as the body.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It canBut treating what you are talking about requires working face to face with a classical homeopathy.A one to three hour interview, and physical exam, which is also important for prescribing.The idea is to choose the single remedy [out of about 3000] that best fits your case.We do not treat or diagnose on this site: we answer questions.However, I can tell you what the top, most likely remedies are if you like, although you will have to have a personal homeopath to confirm which it is, or if it is something else.For example, there is no such thing as a remedy for anxiety.There is no such thing as a remedy for a specific diagnosis.100 patients with anxiety might each get a different remedy as prescribing is individual.You have only provided one symptoms, anxiety worse on waking.And one more exhaustion.An analysis will consider everything about you, from birth to now, 100s of symptoms or more.You have good homeopathic societies in the UKTo find a homeopathy to work withsee these linkshttp://www.britishhomeopathic.org/http://www.homeopathy-soh.org/ OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I will follow your advice
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytimeany questionssave time and request me specifically in the medical category for fast, accurate and comprehensive answers.I am here daily.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.