Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I found a minute amount of blood in my semen I and my abdomen

I found a minute amount of blood in my semen I and my abdomen has been gasey and slight discomfort . Bowel moments are fine and appetite ok
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.What is your age?Previously diagnosed medical conditions?Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 37 pretty healthy mostly vegetarian don't drink or smoke, previous conditions had a mild concussion 5 months ago
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.A spot in semen is generally nothing to worry about at your age. However, the first thing to do here is to get a semen analysis done to see if there is actually blood there and how much of it and if there is presence of any infective etiology.I would also suggest that you get an ultrasound of the prostate done.Prostatitis, epididymitis are the most common causes of blood in the semen at your age but they have other symptoms as well - lower abdominal pain, painful ejaculation, pain in the groin etc.Please discuss this with your PCP. Mean while, keep yourself well hydrated and be watchful of any blood in the semen in future ejaculation.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.