DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a fit 60 year old and don't have diabetes, high cholesterol.

I am a fit 60 year old and don't have diabetes, high cholesterol. I am a normal weight with an average BMI have a good diet and exercise moderately. I am worried about my heart as I have been diagnosed with bradycardic sinus with sinus arrhythmia. I am home monitoring my blood pressure (as advised by GP) and it fluctuates from between 113/64 to 128/66 with HR between 44-53 in the morning and in the evening between 150/78 and 141/79 with HR around 60 in the evenings. One evening reading went from 141/79 to 129/68 within 5 minutes. Have you any advice please?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI don't see a problem here.Sinus bradycardia and sinus arrythmia are normal in the absence of any other problems.Your blood pressure has not really reached hypertension on any reading and your average is fine for your age.I would do the following:check serum magnesium, and if less than 2.5, supplement..this is often deficient with fluctuation bp.Keep a log for another two weeks, 2 times during the dayGive it to your doctor. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thankssee my premium service offerFind me anytime and save time.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.