Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have started to have nosebleeds which took 3 hours (last

I have started to have nosebleeds which took 3 hours (last night) to stop. I have had two shorter ones today but each time, I am sitting, but my head feels like its going to explode. I have stuffed a tissue up to plug it but it just runs down the other nostril and the back of my throat. When it finally stops and I remove the tissue, long stringy clots come away. The pressure can be felt across the bridge of my nose and above my eyebrows. I have blood pressure, but have taken this, and it doesn't appear too high. Can you give me any way of stopping them please?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis sounds seriousyou shouldn't be having nose bleeds like thisyou need to go to the A&E and see a doctor to get your nose bleeds to stop.they have special doctors ENT doctors who can perform cautery for you to stop the nose bleeds.you need blood testing to check your coagulation times to see if you are clotting properlyyou might need an injection of vitamin K at the hospital to help you clot to stop the bleeding.you might have an infection in your nose which need to be treated as welldo you have a hospital or accident and emergency room where you can go to see a doctor right away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are not happening all the time, had one this morning and another about an hour ago, Both stopped fairly quickly. Last nights epic was a one off. I wondered about the infection myself - the pressure makes me think sinus perhaps?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, you could have a bacterial sinus infection.which won't get better until you see a doctor and get on a course of antibiotics.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com