wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I don't know why we are together anymore. Our lives are

I don't know why we are together anymore. Our lives are heading in different directions, we don't want the same things out of life, we fight and argue constantly, we don't enjoy the same things, we never spend anytime together (neither of us WANT to spend time together). But life is hard without him and every time he leaves, he ends up coming back. Why does this happen? What can I do to stop it from keep on happening?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.If you do not want him coming back, make this completely clear both verbally and via a letter sent via Email and registered mail, RRR.Then, if he continues to refuse to respect your wishes, got to Court and obtain a restraining order.This continues to happen because love and relationships are complicated and human emotions are not logical.....You should also consider getting professional counseling to assist you through this difficult time in this, what seems to be, previous relationship so you can move along with your life.Will this be easy?No.Will this be quick?No.But it can, especially with help, be done.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your informative and detailed reply.
I particularly liked what you said about "relationships are complicated and human emotions are illogical" - I'll be using that for my social media status :)I think the biggest problem is that I do want him to come back, but the reasons for me wanting him back feel wrong to me. I know we don't truly love one another; we are often so unkind to one another and are both somewhat selfish in our reasons for being with one another. The only reason he wants to come back is because life is more comfortable for him at my house. And I want him back because I have an anxiety disorder and he does things outdoors that I struggle to do.I know he would stay away if I was clear that I wanted him to stay away so a restraining order wouldn't be necessary. I have so much family support, this should be an easy process but I've been with him for 12 years and life without him seems so daunting.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
If having him back feels wrong then it probably is.Counseling can help give you the strength to do what is right for you when it comes to this man.There is no wrong or right answer......